Friday, December 16, 2011

Google Map problem fixed

Well, I'm hoping. I posted a while ago a Google Maps rendition of the GHCN surface temperature network. The Javascript mechanics made it possible to select and display all kinds of subsets, and even show a movie.

I heard some reports that people were having trouble making it display. I'd been struggling a bit to make robust Javascript, but that was getting better. There's a complication that I have to have a valid GM ID, but that seemed OK - users shouldn't need one.

Today I found what I think was the problem. I've recently started using an Amazon bucket, and using a newly acquired Web address www.moyhu.org. But it seems that DNS servers don't always get to the right place using that. So I'm using the full Amazon address.

It seems to work now. It's here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment